Good Score For GATE Civil Engg. (CE) Considered To Be: 55
Steps And Strategy To Prepare For GATE Civil Engg. (CE) Exam
- Take a diagnostic test – best diagnostic test is a GATE paper of any of the previous 3 years.
- Note down what you have scored and what was the actual GATE qualifying score cut-off. Note that qualification does not help you much. What you need is a good score. So note the good score mentioned above and measure the gap between your score and a good score.
- Note the GATE syllabus and mark your topics that you are good at. First try to master subjects that you are good at.
- However, some subjects like Geotechnical Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Transportation Engineering and Geotechnical Engineering have a high weightage. So you should definitely prepare these.
- General Aptitude does not require preparation. It requires practice. So just practice solving Aptitude questions every day for 30 minutes.
- Mathematics may have a very high weightage. But note that to get these 10-12 marks, what you have to study and practice is typically more than a core subject. So if you wish to eliminate some topics in Maths, it is fine. Master topics that you are good at.
- Take lots of section tests and Mocks. Career Avenues provides an excellent test series for GATE Civil Engg. (CE). For more details click here.
- In case you require focused GATE study material and books, you should take Career Avenues GATE Civil Engg. (CE) study material which has been made by IIT alumni and is focused towards GATE. For more details click here.
GATE Civil Engg. (CE) Test/Exam Pattern (Based on last 3 years papers)